DIY Turmeric Paste & Golden Milk
Discovering the wonders of vegetarian and veganism, all began in the kitchen of Helena Zera. Helena is a dear friend of mine whom I worked for throughout my college years. She's always treated me like part of her family, and has always fed me on my lunch breaks.
With a strong Ayurvedic background, Helena has taught me so much about food, and what works for my body. But because her kitchen isn't open to the public, I'd like to share a little bit of it with you, here on the Cup.
BENEFITS OF TURMERIC:
3.Improves brain function
4.Lowers risk of heart disease
5.Can help prevent and treat cancer
6.Can help with arthritis
And many more...
Here is the recipe for Turmeric Paste in which you can use to make a Turmeric drink called Golden Milk.
-1C Turmeric Powder
-2C Water (On hand)
-8-20 Pods of Cardamom
-1 TSP Black Pepper
-1 TBS Ghee
-1/4 C Coconut Oil
1. Add 1 cup of Tumerick
2. Add 1 cup of water, keep 2 cups of water on hand to keep adding.
3. Simmer on low, makes it well. With a non-porous utensil, silicone.
4. Continuously simmer for 20 minutes while on low setting.
5. Keep adding water as needed.
6. Crush whole 8 to 20 pods of Cardamom seeds
7. Remove shells or you could just use the seeds.
8. Crush the seeds as best to your ability.
9. When the Tumerick paste is done, you can add 1/2 cup of coconut oil , or 1/4 to 1/2 cup. (same thing with ghee)
10. Combine 8 ounces of milk, almond milk or whole with 1 tablespoon of Tumerick paste in a pot on low heat.
11. 1 tablespoon more or less to your liking
-1 TBS Turmeric Paste
-1 TSP Honey (optional)
-1/4 TSP Nutmeg (optional)